Calendula extract from the marigold flower is proven to have significant anti-inflammatory properties - making it helpful when resolving stubborn wounds, acne, varicose veins, rashes, eczema, and related conditions.
Other conditions that calendula assists with include:
1. Skin Dryness or Chafing – Calendula oil is an effective secondary moisturiser for dry skin and for severely chafed or split skin. It soothes the area and reduces the pain.
2. Inflammation – It works well on swelling sprained muscles or bruises; its anti-inflammatory action helps lessen swelling from injury.
3. Minor Cuts and Wounds – The antiseptic and antimicrobial action of the extract helps speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also benefits the recovery from insect bites & acne.
4. Skin Flexibility and Suppleness – calendula has natural restorative properties that
infuse the skin with a youthful glow. Calendula extract is also used to protect
the skin from premature aging and thinning of the skin.
Calendula is safe enough to be used on the delicate skin under the eyes to help prevent crow's feet, making its inclusion in formulations an effective Anti-Aging ingredient.
5. Other Skin Concerns – Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and other skin concerns can be soothed using calendula extract, applied topically. Calendula extract's anti-fungal action is also great for treating athlete's foot